“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” - Aristotle
Daily rituals are where the power resides in a step-by-step process to get you to where you want to be. After all, you can plan for the future, but you can only take charge of the present moment. So take positive steps today towards your desired outcome and know that you will have everything you need in each moment that follows. Daily rituals will help you get there by just focusing on getting 1% better in whatever you’re trying to improve. I’ve learnt that all successful CEO’s, artists, writers and entrepreneurs live and die by daily rituals.
These are mine – I hope you find them helpful:
- Get up early – a great day starts with the night before – so have a good night’s sleep. Sleep is a form of meditation anyway and remove any screens from your bedroom. They are known to interfere with sleep patterns.
- Meditate and breathe. Visualise and do affirmations which are all calming rituals to optimize your basic routine. They help you focus on what you want to achieve and get you inspired.
- Exercise and breathe. Preferably outdoors in nature and connect to the earth and the universe. Take a wonderful 30 minute walk. You’ll come back refreshed and inspired.
- Make some refreshing tea in a bone china cup and prepare some nutritious breakfast. You cannot heal a polluted body.
- Inspiration is everywhere. Carry a notebook or use your mobile. Have frequent breaks to let your mind rest. This is where creativity and inspired thought happens.
- Focus on what you want. You will start doing things a little differently, ideas will come to you and you will make choices that will be in alignment with what you want. I find that the more I act on inspired thoughts, the faster I attract what I want. Momentum builds if you consistently focus on your want and keep moving towards it. The stronger your belief and passion, the faster you will get what you want.
- The most important factor in reaching any goal is to feel good now! You must feel good about you. That way you are on the same vibrational frequency of what you want and are summoning it to you. So don’t allow faulty subconscious thinking to derail you. Remember, you have a superpower between your ears! Use it.
‘A daily ritual is a way of saying I’m voting for myself. I’m taking care of myself.’ - Mariel Hemingway
The juice of spirituality resides in our challenges. Instead of assuming the worst, choose to see upsets and setbacks as the energies of the Universe working a miracle in progress. Always remember the natural flow of abundance and well-being is your birthright – so let go and release any resistance.
Break out of your comfort zone. Remind yourself that you do have the courage to make a change. Everything you’ve been through in life has taught you how to cope and be strong in the face of the unknown. You’ve learned that being positive and having faith are necessary tools to overcome fear or disappointments. Take steps for this change, one at a time, and try not to look too far ahead, especially if this brings up anxiety for you. You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. Remember, we live who we believe we are, so find yourself and be that.
The Universe is just one energy field and we are all connected to it. Always remember you’re an energy field operating in a larger energy field. We are the infinite field of unfolding possibility. As a whole or individually we are one. There is only One of us. Everyone in your life is a reflection of you. Hurt others and you just hurt yourself. Love others and you love yourself. This is the great secret of life – the inner game of vibrant energetic life – we are all one.
So step up and step-by-step open your heart and give love as a daily ritual to yourself and others – the world needs it now more than ever.
‘There is no blackboard in the sky on which the Universe has written your purpose or your mission in life. Your purpose is what you say it is. Your mission is the mission you give yourself. Your life will be what you create it as.’ - Neale Donald Walsch